Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh said in order to portray the character of the historical figure of Bajirao in the upcoming film ‘Bajirao Mastani’, he will get his head tonsured and also learn Marathi.
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘magnum opus’ project ‘Bajirao Mastani’, a tumultuous love story, is finally set to go on floors with rumoured couple Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone playing the lead roles.
While Ranveer will play the role of the 18th century Maratha general and statesman Bajirao Peshwa, the project will also have Priyanka Chopra in a key role. Though both Deepika and Priyanka will be a part of the film, it is still not clear who would play the role of Mastani.
“Preparations for ‘Bajirao Mastani’ is very intense. I will have to learn Marathi, horse riding, pick up the accent and do a lot of work for the character. I will have to shave off my hair, work on my look and the physical aspect,” Ranveer told PTI in an exclusive chat.
“I have allotted fair amount of time to prepare for this film. It is a large commitment for me to give (time) for one project, but the film demands it and I am more than happy to do it. I believe in the director and the film. Through this film we are trying to achieve something that hopefully will be landmark in our cinema,” Ranveer said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Ranveer, 28, has read about the Maratha leader and is aware about him and the work he did. “I am aware about him. I am pretty much aware about how my character will be shaping up. I will start working for it towards the end of the year,” Ranveer said.
Apparently, Karan Johar wanted to cast Ranveer and Deepika for his much talked about film ‘Shuddhi’. But Ranveer chose to do ‘Bajirao Mastani’ instead of ‘Shuddhi’.
When asked if he was approached for ‘Shuddhi’, Ranveer said, “I can’t comment on any film that I am not doing.”
The actor will also start shooting for Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ in Barcelona. In the film Ranveer and Priyanka Chopra will be seen as siblings, while Anushka Sharma plays role of his love interest. The film will also star Farhan Akhtar, Anil Kapoor and Shefali Shah.