Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh said in order to portray the character of the historical figure of Bajirao in the upcoming film ‘Bajirao Mastani’, he will get his head tonsured and also learn Marathi.
Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘magnum opus’ project ‘Bajirao Mastani’, a tumultuous love story, is finally set to go on floors with rumoured couple Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone playing the lead roles.
While Ranveer will play the role of the 18th century Maratha general and statesman Bajirao Peshwa, the project will also have Priyanka Chopra in a key role. Though both Deepika and Priyanka will be a part of the film, it is still not clear who would play the role of Mastani.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Preparations for ‘Bajirao Mastani’ is very intense. I will have to learn Marathi, horse riding, pick up the accent and do a lot of work for the character. I will have to shave off my hair, work on my look and the physical aspect,” Ranveer told PTI in an exclusive chat.
“I have allotted fair amount of time to prepare for this film. It is a large commitment for me to give (time) for one project, but the film demands it and I am more than happy to do it. I believe in the director and the film. Through this film we are trying to achieve something that hopefully will be landmark in our cinema,” Ranveer said.
The project has been close to Bhansali’s heart as he had first planned the film with ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ stars Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Ranveer, 28, has read about the Maratha leader and is aware about him and the work he did. “I am aware about him. I am pretty much aware about how my character will be shaping up. I will start working for it towards the end of the year,” Ranveer said.
Apparently, Karan Johar wanted to cast Ranveer and Deepika for his much talked about film ‘Shuddhi’. But Ranveer chose to do ‘Bajirao Mastani’ instead of ‘Shuddhi’.
When asked if he was approached for ‘Shuddhi’, Ranveer said, “I can’t comment on any film that I am not doing.”
The ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ star will be seen next in YRF’s next ‘Kill Dill’ alongside Govinda, Parineeti Chopra and others.
The actor will also start shooting for Zoya Akhtar’s ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ in Barcelona. In the film Ranveer and Priyanka Chopra will be seen as siblings, while Anushka Sharma plays role of his love interest. The film will also star Farhan Akhtar, Anil Kapoor and Shefali Shah.