Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, who is all set to play Maratha general Bajirao in Sanjay leela Bhansali’ Bajirao Mastani’, is getting a tutor to get his accent right.
Ranveer Singh sported a dead-on Gujarati diction in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela – Ram-Leela’ won’t find it that easy to sail through the dialogues of ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
The fastidious filmmaker and his dialogue writer Prakash Kapadia have decided to zero in on a Marathi tutor for Ranveer Singh to hone his Marathi skills.
A source close to Sanjay Leela Bhansali said, “Ranveer would have to get his language and diction completely right. The director doesn’t want a hue and cry over the language being mis-pronounced. Ranveer is already familiar with Marathi and can even speak the language. But for this role he needs to get the nuances and layering right.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sanjay Leela Bhansali would start Ranveer’s speech and action training well in advance of the shooting in November.
“Ranveer needs to look convincing as a Maratha warrior. He also needs to acquire a more somber image than the one he has. SLB has asked Ranveer to control his nervous energy off screen and use it for the role,” the source said.
Ranveer Singh joins a host of celebs taking diction lessons for their respective films. While Aditya Roy Kapoor had to work really hard on his Urdu diction in Habib Faisal’s ‘Daawat-E-Ishq’, Ayushmann Khurrana and Sushant Singh Rajput have been practising their Marathi and Bangla for their respective characters in Vibhu Puri’s ‘Mumbaai Fairytale’ and Dibakar Bannerjee’s ‘Detective Byomkesh Bakshy’ respectively.