Karan Johar, Deepika Padukone and now it is Ranveer Singh who has come out to create an awareness around depression. The actor took to Instagram to share a message around the stigma associated with depression and how everybody needs to know more about the disease. Apparently, he shared the message with a picture of the logo of Deepika Padukone’s Live Love Laugh – Foundation Against Depression.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
His post read, ” 1 out of every 5 Indians will suffer from depression in their lifetime. Even with all the progress we’ve made in these last few years, there is still a lot of stigmas attached to mental health and the treatment of it. This needs to change for our collective well-being.”
“There is a difference between being sad and being depressed.There is hope for both, those who need help and for those who want to give help.
Let’s join hands to promote awareness about mental health along with the Live Love Laugh Foundation as they launch India’s first Mental Health Awareness Campaign.Like their page, follow them-them on Twitter and Instagram to create awareness about an issue that is close to our hearts. Always remember to Live, Love and Laugh.”
Read his complete message here
Deepika Padukone, who herself has fought depression for years, has become the flag-bearer in the fight against the issue. She has done more to do away with stigma than all the awareness campaigns put together. Karan Johar also went public with his bout with depression recently. The confessions of both the celebrities were welcomed with open arms from all corners.
Also read | Karan Johar opens up about his two-year-battle with clinical depression, watch video
Deepika, who had revealed that she faced depression while she was at the pinnacle of her career and had to take medication, got a kick, when Karan also talked about being a victim, openly. Deepika wrote on Monday on Twitter, “@karanjohar Thank You & we love you!”
And now with Ranveer coming out to support the cause, we hope the mental block against depression finds a way out, soon. Thank you Bollywood!