Ranveer Singh says filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, under whose direction he worked in Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela and Bajirao Mastani, has changed his ideas about acting and helped him to evolve as an actor.
At the “You and me” song launch event of his upcoming film Befikre here on Tuesday, Ranveer said: “Mr Bhansali broke my ideas and notions about acting. There was a spike in my evolution when I worked with him for the first time. He comes and changes everything, and you have to adapt the fluidity of his creativity that moment and go with it with full conviction. It was a huge evolution working with him.”
Ranveer is next working with Bhansali in Padmavati. He says while he is not a “method actor” — a term that he feels is used loosely — he does “have a process which changes with every film, every character and every scene”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
About Befikre, which celebrates the feeling of being carefree in love, the 31-year-old actor said: “Befikre is a film of banter, a lot of walking and talking. There are many humorous dialogues. That casual quality in a relationship adds a value to the film.”
Of working under Aditya Chopra’s direction, Ranveer said: “I think Adi sir is a blend of both credibility and commerce. He is one director who really engulfs a very wide spectrum of audience. It will be subtle nuance, incredible and completely entertaining. At the end of the day, he is a full on mainstream director. Befikre will release on December 9.