Actor Ranveer Singh, who has decided to go bald for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and devote a year to the movie, says if the “risk” works, it could go down in “history” of Indian cinema”.
Ranveer told IANS: “People were telling me, ‘How can you shave your head for ‘Bajirao Mastani’? How can you give more than one year for shooting at this stage of your career? Is it advisable?’
“I said, ‘I know it’s a lot to give, I know it’s a huge commitment… first go bald, then give a year’s time when you can make three films. But I do know if this works, ‘ithihas bana dega’ (it will create history).”
Ranveer has earlier featured in movies like “Band Baaja Baaraat”, “Ladies vs Ricky Bahl”, “Lootera”, “Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela” and “Gunday”, says: “I have been known to be a risk taker.”
“I always wanted to do film which is credible and not art house, it should be accesible to a wide audience. I want it to be a blend of both. It should live on forever. I know some films are more special to me than others,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Bajirao Mastani” will also feature his “…Ram-Leela” co-star and rumoured ladylove Deepika Padukone.
Meanwhile, Ranveer, who will also be seen in the multi-starrer “Dil Dhadakne Do”, believes in being grounded.
“I understand success and failure is part of our life, but we should be grounded and not get carried away by success. If you don’t get too carried away by success and if you don’t get bogged down by failure, if you can just maintain it… I think that’s a good way to move about,” Ranveer said.