Actor Ranveer Singh, who has decided to go bald for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and devote a year to the movie, says if the “risk” works, it could go down in “history” of Indian cinema”.
Ranveer told IANS: “People were telling me, ‘How can you shave your head for ‘Bajirao Mastani’? How can you give more than one year for shooting at this stage of your career? Is it advisable?’
“I said, ‘I know it’s a lot to give, I know it’s a huge commitment… first go bald, then give a year’s time when you can make three films. But I do know if this works, ‘ithihas bana dega’ (it will create history).”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ranveer has earlier featured in movies like “Band Baaja Baaraat”, “Ladies vs Ricky Bahl”, “Lootera”, “Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela” and “Gunday”, says: “I have been known to be a risk taker.”
“I always wanted to do film which is credible and not art house, it should be accesible to a wide audience. I want it to be a blend of both. It should live on forever. I know some films are more special to me than others,” he added.
“Bajirao Mastani” will also feature his “…Ram-Leela” co-star and rumoured ladylove Deepika Padukone.
Meanwhile, Ranveer, who will also be seen in the multi-starrer “Dil Dhadakne Do”, believes in being grounded.
“I understand success and failure is part of our life, but we should be grounded and not get carried away by success. If you don’t get too carried away by success and if you don’t get bogged down by failure, if you can just maintain it… I think that’s a good way to move about,” Ranveer said.