Actor Ranveer Singh, who will be seen along side Anushka Sharma in upcoming film ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, says he shares a special bond with the actress and is looking forward to work with her.
Ranveer, 28, and Anushka first appeared together in ‘Band Baaja Baarat’, which turned out to be a successful film. They were later seen together in ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’.
Now, director Zoya Akhtar has managed to cast Ranveer and Anushka in ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Yes… we are in touch with each other. We share a very healthy and professional relationship. I believe Anushka is one of the best young actors in our country. She is incredibly talented and we work well together. I share special chemistry with her. I am excited to work with her again as it has been a long gap since we worked together,” Ranveer told PTI.
‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ will see Ranveer and Anushka as a couple, while Ranveer and Priyanka Chopra will play siblings. It also features Farhan Akhtar, Anil Kapoor and Shefali Shah. Apparently, the film revolves around a Punjabi family on a cruise trip. It is produced by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar’s Excel Entertainment and scheduled to release next year in June.
“I was waiting for the next opportunity where I will get to work with her (Anushka) again as we worked well together in our previous films. She hasn’t been part of prep process as she got back from shooting of ‘NH 10’,” he said.
Anushka is turning producer with ‘NH 10’, an upcoming thriller film directed by Navdeep Singh of ‘Manorama Six Feet Under’ fame. The film is co-produced by Phantom Films and is scheduled to release in September this year.
“I am very proud of the fact that she is the youngest producer in Hindi film industry. I know little about ‘NH 10’, I know it is going to be a fantastic film,” Ranveer said.
Besides films, Ranveer has been in news for a condom ad he did recently as normally mainstream actors shy away from endorsing such brands.
“I am unconventional so it comes naturally to me. I am not trying to be out of the box or unconventional, it is the way I am. Lot of people told me Durex campaign was a bold thing. I don’t think it was a bold move, it came naturally to me. I was comfortable doing it and I did not have any issue with it,” he said.
“The first thing my family told me is we hope you know what you are getting into. I knew it was a big risk, I did not know how people would react. But I went with my conviction. The ad has that kind of impact as I am bringing to light what people already know or exist,” he said.
“People don’t think about it (sex) as dirty or it is not a KG subject anymore. It was time for somebody to embrace this evolution…,” he said.
Recently, Ranveer also made an entry on Facebook.
“Facebook has amazing reach, potential and power to stay connected with fans. It is amazing to be there on social networking site as one can voice their opinion. I get lot of messages on twitter, fortunately 90 per cent of them are positive but I block the people who say negative things. I don’t want to hear that, I don’t want negativity in my life,” Ranveer added.