Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh is in talks to play Baji Rao in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s most talked about film ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
Baji Rao was a noted general who served as Peshwa (Prime Minister) to the fourth Maratha Chhatrapati (emperor) Shahu from 1720. He was credited with expanding the Maratha empire.
Bhansali had been planning to make a film on Peshwa Bajirao and his ladylove Mastani for last 15 years. He had conceptualised the project with his ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ star cast Salman Khan and Aishwarya Rai.
There is buzz that Ranveer would be playing Bajirao and would also have to shave off his hair for the role. “He is in advance talks for the film. Till things are finalised we cannot say anything,” said Ranveer Singh’s spokesperson.
The names of several big actors like Shah Rukh Khan, Ajay Devgn and Hrithik Roshan had also cropped up earlier, but Ranveer seems to be the front-runner now.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ranveer worked with Bhansali in his last directorial venture ‘Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela’, which was a huge hit. Apparently, Deepika Padukone is likely to play the role of Mastani.
If all goes well the film is likely to go on floors from next year, sources said.