Trust Ranveer Singh to do the unbelievable. The actor, who is know for madcap antics, revealed that he has danced at random Ganpathi visarjan processions in the past. And he continued doing the same even after becoming an actor.
In an interview with the Indian Express, Ranveer Singh said: “I love dancing in visarajan processions and have danced in a lot of them. At times, I have got down and danced in random visarjan processions even after becoming an actor. There is so much energy in doing that.”
According to Ranveer, Ganesh Chathurthi gives people a reason to party with great abandon. “I think everybody finds a reason to party during Ganesh Chathurthi. Everybody is in the same mood and it’s like a mast magan party.”
Ranveer Singh also disclosed how choreographer Vaibhavi Merchant calls his usual dance form ‘the visarjan style’. “Vaibahvi Merchant, who has choreographed me in a couple of films, says my dance form can be termed as the visarjan style. She thinks my steps are similar to the lafange people who shake their legs during the festival. She says by default my steps are similar.”
- Ranveer on working with Bhansali: I hope that I am able to create a vast legacy of memorable films with such a special filmmaker
- Padmaavat actor Deepika Padukone receives a token of appreciation from her ‘baba’ Amitabh Bachchan
- Padmaavat song Binte Dil: This Arijit Singh number is a unique love ballad
- Ranveer Singh on Padmaavat: Takes courage to helm a film of such magnitude
- Padmaavat song Khalibali: Ranveer Singh aces his mad act as Alauddin Khilji, watch video
- Playing Bajirao was an intense experience for Ranveer Singh
Praising Ganesh Chathurthi and the festive party mood that runs during that time, Ranveer said, “One of my favourite form of partying is on the street with loud music. The strange steps that people do are thrilling to watch. Just recently, I saw two guys chest thumping while dancing. Basically everybody who dances on streets has a blast. If in the next few days I am not able to control myself, I will jump on the streets and dance myself.”
Ranveer Singh will be playing the role of Peshwa ruler ‘Bajirao’ in Bajirao Mastani, which releases on December 18.