‘Gunday’ is a story about two friends – Bala and Bikram – played by Arjun and Ranveer, respectively. When director Ali Abbas Zafar gave the duo a joint narration for the film without divulging the characters they would be essaying, each had expressed a preference for the role which the other was to play.
While Arjun connected to the character of Bikram, Ranveer was thrilled about the story from Bala’s point of view.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Bala’s character is flamboyant, boisterous and outspoken while Bikram is slightly held-back, like an angry young man. However, Ali was sure he saw Bikram in Ranveer and Arjun as Bala. He convinced the duo to give it a shot and the two followed the director’s vision.
“It was obvious that both Ranveer and Arjun would want to do roles that were closest to their own personalities. We had to convince them to do the opposite roles,” Ali said.
The film is based in Kolkata during the city’s most unsettled period in the 70s and deals with the inseparable lives of Bikram and Bala as they go from being small-time coal thieves to the most powerful black marketing mafia men.
Produced by Aditya Chopra, ‘Gunday’ is slated to release worldwide on February 14.