‘Gunday’ is a story about two friends – Bala and Bikram – played by Arjun and Ranveer, respectively. When director Ali Abbas Zafar gave the duo a joint narration for the film without divulging the characters they would be essaying, each had expressed a preference for the role which the other was to play.
While Arjun connected to the character of Bikram, Ranveer was thrilled about the story from Bala’s point of view.
Bala’s character is flamboyant, boisterous and outspoken while Bikram is slightly held-back, like an angry young man. However, Ali was sure he saw Bikram in Ranveer and Arjun as Bala. He convinced the duo to give it a shot and the two followed the director’s vision.
“It was obvious that both Ranveer and Arjun would want to do roles that were closest to their own personalities. We had to convince them to do the opposite roles,” Ali said.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
The film is based in Kolkata during the city’s most unsettled period in the 70s and deals with the inseparable lives of Bikram and Bala as they go from being small-time coal thieves to the most powerful black marketing mafia men.
Produced by Aditya Chopra, ‘Gunday’ is slated to release worldwide on February 14.