Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji and filmmaker Aditya Chopra secretly married in Italy on Monday (April 21). Romance between Rani and Aditya has been making headlines for years now.
Yash Raj Films released a statement confirming the wedding, which was a ‘small and intimate affair’.
“We are happy to announce that Mr. Aditya Chopra and Ms. Rani Mukherji got married last night on 21st April in Italy. The wedding was a very small intimate affair with very close family and friends,” said the statement.
Though the couple never admitted to their relationship, Rani Mukerji was always spotted along with the Chopra family in times of celebration and sorrow.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
New bride Rani Mukerji also issued a statement thanked fans and well wishers for their blessings. Rani Mukerji, 36, said her wedding to the 42-year-old filmmaker was the continuation of a “fairytale”.
“I would like to share the happiest day of my life with all my fans all over the world whose love and blessings have been part of my journey all these years. I know that all my well-wishers who have waited for this day will be really happy for me. It was a beautiful wedding in the Italian countryside with just a few of our close family and friends with us,” she said in her statement.
Rani Mukerji, 36, said her wedding to the 42-year-old filmmaker was the continuation of a “fairytale”.
“The one person I missed terribly was Yash Uncle, but I know he was there with us in spirit and his love and blessings will always be with Adi and me. I have always believed in fairy-tales and with God’s grace my life has been exactly like one, and now as I enter the most important chapter of my life – the fairy-tale continues.” Rani Mukerji added.
Rani Mukerji and Aditya Chopra were earlier said to have been planning a grand wedding on the February 14 at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur. Looks like they changed their minds.
It is the first marriage for Rani while Aditya, who is known to be a very private person, was previously married to Payal Khanna but they got divorced in 2009.
In her 16-year-old career, Rani Mukerji has given many hits including ‘Saathiya’, ‘Hum Tum’, ‘Veer Zaara’, ‘Bunty aur Babli’ and ‘Dil Bole Hadippa!’. She is currently starring in ‘Kill Dil’ and the Pradeep Sarkar-directed ‘Mardaani’. We wish them a very happy married life! (With PTI inputs)