Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji and filmmaker Aditya Chopra secretly married in Italy on Monday (April 21). Romance between Rani and Aditya has been making headlines for years now.
Yash Raj Films released a statement confirming the wedding, which was a ‘small and intimate affair’.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“We are happy to announce that Mr. Aditya Chopra and Ms. Rani Mukherji got married last night on 21st April in Italy. The wedding was a very small intimate affair with very close family and friends,” said the statement.
Though the couple never admitted to their relationship, Rani Mukerji was always spotted along with the Chopra family in times of celebration and sorrow.
New bride Rani Mukerji also issued a statement thanked fans and well wishers for their blessings. Rani Mukerji, 36, said her wedding to the 42-year-old filmmaker was the continuation of a “fairytale”.
“I would like to share the happiest day of my life with all my fans all over the world whose love and blessings have been part of my journey all these years. I know that all my well-wishers who have waited for this day will be really happy for me. It was a beautiful wedding in the Italian countryside with just a few of our close family and friends with us,” she said in her statement.
Rani Mukerji, 36, said her wedding to the 42-year-old filmmaker was the continuation of a “fairytale”.
“The one person I missed terribly was Yash Uncle, but I know he was there with us in spirit and his love and blessings will always be with Adi and me. I have always believed in fairy-tales and with God’s grace my life has been exactly like one, and now as I enter the most important chapter of my life – the fairy-tale continues.” Rani Mukerji added.
Rani Mukerji and Aditya Chopra were earlier said to have been planning a grand wedding on the February 14 at the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur. Looks like they changed their minds.
It is the first marriage for Rani while Aditya, who is known to be a very private person, was previously married to Payal Khanna but they got divorced in 2009.
In her 16-year-old career, Rani Mukerji has given many hits including ‘Saathiya’, ‘Hum Tum’, ‘Veer Zaara’, ‘Bunty aur Babli’ and ‘Dil Bole Hadippa!’. She is currently starring in ‘Kill Dil’ and the Pradeep Sarkar-directed ‘Mardaani’. We wish them a very happy married life! (With PTI inputs)