He watched the movie at a multiplex last night along with his wife Sadhna. “We will give ‘tax free’ status to ‘Mardaani’ in Madhya Pradesh considering the bold social message conveyed by it,” Chouhan posted on Twitter last night.
“Trafficking of young girls and women is worst evil which needs to be eliminated. ‘Mardaani’ has brought it into focus,” he further tweeted.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Praising Rani for her role, he said, “I congratulate Rani Mukherjee for a wonderful and powerful performance in ‘Mardaani’. Aditya Chopra has done well to produce this movie.”
Chouhan, who spared time from his busy schedule to watch the movie, said, “After a very long time went along with family to watch a movie. ‘Mardaani’ turned out to be soul stirring saga highlighting a societal evil.”
The actress in return issued an official statement through Yash Raj Films Facebook and Twitter handle thanking MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan:
Thank you Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan for your appreciation of MARDAANI & its message and deciding to give the film Tax Free status in MP. Trafficking of girls & women needs to be completely eradicated and we as filmmakers can only do this much in our limited capacity but with support from you, others will also hopefully join in to take this cause forward meaningfully.
– Rani Mukerji & Aditya Chopra.