He watched the movie at a multiplex last night along with his wife Sadhna. “We will give ‘tax free’ status to ‘Mardaani’ in Madhya Pradesh considering the bold social message conveyed by it,” Chouhan posted on Twitter last night.
“Trafficking of young girls and women is worst evil which needs to be eliminated. ‘Mardaani’ has brought it into focus,” he further tweeted.
Praising Rani for her role, he said, “I congratulate Rani Mukherjee for a wonderful and powerful performance in ‘Mardaani’. Aditya Chopra has done well to produce this movie.”
Chouhan, who spared time from his busy schedule to watch the movie, said, “After a very long time went along with family to watch a movie. ‘Mardaani’ turned out to be soul stirring saga highlighting a societal evil.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The actress in return issued an official statement through Yash Raj Films Facebook and Twitter handle thanking MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan:
Thank you Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan for your appreciation of MARDAANI & its message and deciding to give the film Tax Free status in MP. Trafficking of girls & women needs to be completely eradicated and we as filmmakers can only do this much in our limited capacity but with support from you, others will also hopefully join in to take this cause forward meaningfully.
– Rani Mukerji & Aditya Chopra.