Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji‘s upcoming film ‘Mardaani’ is based on human trafficking. newly married Rani Mukerji, 36, will be seen playing the role of a cop in the film directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
Apparently, the makers of the movie have taken inspiration from high-profile human trafficking stories. While the makers are touting it to be a work of fiction, there is a tone of reality in every scene.
“The central subject of the film is based on human trafficking. Writers have drawn inspiration from reality however no one knows which cases,” spokesperson of ‘Mardaani’ said in a statement.
Pradip Sarkar had last directed Rani Mukerji in ‘Laaga Chunari Mein Daag’ (2007). ‘Mardaani’ produced by Yash Raj Films, will be released on August 22.
This would be Rani Mukerji’s first release post her marriage to director-producer Aditya Chopra.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016