Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji‘s upcoming film ‘Mardaani’ is based on human trafficking. newly married Rani Mukerji, 36, will be seen playing the role of a cop in the film directed by Pradeep Sarkar.
Apparently, the makers of the movie have taken inspiration from high-profile human trafficking stories. While the makers are touting it to be a work of fiction, there is a tone of reality in every scene.
“The central subject of the film is based on human trafficking. Writers have drawn inspiration from reality however no one knows which cases,” spokesperson of ‘Mardaani’ said in a statement.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Pradip Sarkar had last directed Rani Mukerji in ‘Laaga Chunari Mein Daag’ (2007). ‘Mardaani’ produced by Yash Raj Films, will be released on August 22.
This would be Rani Mukerji’s first release post her marriage to director-producer Aditya Chopra.