Actress Rani Mukerji, who has won accolades for her tough cop act in her latest release ‘Mardaani‘, says she cannot equate her creativity with box-office numbers, which is why her producer-husband Aditya Chopra deals with that aspect.
The Pradeep Sarkar-directed film gives a peek into the world of child trafficking.
“As a producer he (Aditya) wants the film to have a wider reach. He does have aspirations for the film to do well. Today, success of a film equates with the box office numbers so it is important for the film to make that kind of impact. Critically and perception wise it has made a mark so now it is box office wise,” Rani said in an interview here.
Even though Rani is married to a producer, she says she does not understand the number game.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“I don’t know about the recovery in detail. As a producer, it is important for him (Aditya) to deal with numbers.. for me as an actor I can’t equate numbers with my creativity. If I do so then I will have to do films which in my head will get numbers,” Rani said.
“As a creative person it is important for me to look at the role and the film. It is the merit of the film that it has got so much recognition and praise from audience,” she said.
The 36-year-old actress says her mother and industry friends are happy for her and the success of the film.
“Industry people like Rekhaji, Shabanaji, Aamir Khan, Mukesh and Nita Ambani, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister (Shivraj Singh Chouhan) are praising the film. People are appreciating my character and everyone is saying this is my career best performance.. it feels nice,” Rani said.
“Rekhaji told me God has chosen me to do this role… it is very heartening to hear this from her,” she said.
Rani had organised a special screening of ‘Mardaani’ for actor-friend Salman Khan’s family.
“Salman’s parents saw the film and they really loved it, they gave me blessings and good wishes for the film. The day the film got released Salman was in LA and he said he will watch the film there. He told me he was eagerly waiting to watch the film,” Rani said.