Actress Rani Mukerji, who has won accolades for her tough cop act in her latest release ‘Mardaani‘, says she cannot equate her creativity with box-office numbers, which is why her producer-husband Aditya Chopra deals with that aspect.
The Pradeep Sarkar-directed film gives a peek into the world of child trafficking.
“As a producer he (Aditya) wants the film to have a wider reach. He does have aspirations for the film to do well. Today, success of a film equates with the box office numbers so it is important for the film to make that kind of impact. Critically and perception wise it has made a mark so now it is box office wise,” Rani said in an interview here.
Even though Rani is married to a producer, she says she does not understand the number game.
“I don’t know about the recovery in detail. As a producer, it is important for him (Aditya) to deal with numbers.. for me as an actor I can’t equate numbers with my creativity. If I do so then I will have to do films which in my head will get numbers,” Rani said.
“As a creative person it is important for me to look at the role and the film. It is the merit of the film that it has got so much recognition and praise from audience,” she said.
The 36-year-old actress says her mother and industry friends are happy for her and the success of the film.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“Industry people like Rekhaji, Shabanaji, Aamir Khan, Mukesh and Nita Ambani, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister (Shivraj Singh Chouhan) are praising the film. People are appreciating my character and everyone is saying this is my career best performance.. it feels nice,” Rani said.
“Rekhaji told me God has chosen me to do this role… it is very heartening to hear this from her,” she said.
Rani had organised a special screening of ‘Mardaani’ for actor-friend Salman Khan’s family.
“Salman’s parents saw the film and they really loved it, they gave me blessings and good wishes for the film. The day the film got released Salman was in LA and he said he will watch the film there. He told me he was eagerly waiting to watch the film,” Rani said.