The acclaimed director and the actress married in a quiet wedding in Italy in April this year. “I have told him (Aditya) not to direct me. I don’t think I will be able to take his directions. A director is thecaptain of the ship and an actor has to work professionally with the director. There are times when the director can shout at actors,” Rani told PTI in an interview.
Aditya has so far directed three films, which includes his debut blockbuster ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ in 1995.
Rani Mukerji, who will be seen playing a cop in YRF’s ‘Mardaani’ has earlier worked with the banner in several films. “I think I would be happy playing the role of a wife for him. So, I can tell him what to do… and would not like to take his orders. It’s better I work with him as a director (at home),” the 36-year-old actress said.
Aditya, who has mostly directed love stories, is a romantic in real life too, says Rani. “Though it is a little personal to talk about it… I think nobody can write such beautiful love stories if he doesn’t believe in it and he himself isn’t like that in real life.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“I am happy to have found a man who is compassionate, kind and a good human being. I look upto him and respect him as a person,” Rani Mukerji said.
Aditya, who is known to be a very private person, was previously married to Payal Khanna and got divorced from her in 2009. It is the first marriage for Rani but the ‘Black’ actress says it has not brought any major changes in her life.
“It is important that we live our life the way we used to before (getting married). There is no change because marriage doesn’t really change you. It is a normal thing where two people get along and want to spend their life together,” Rani said.
Even for Aditya, she says, things have not changed. “He likes to remain anonymous and lead a normal life. Since childhood he has the habit of going to theatres to watch the reaction of people for his film. He says because he is married to an actress, his pictures are coming out (in public),” she said.
Rani is looking forward to the release of her upcoming film ‘Mardaani‘ which hits theatres on August 22.
“I did not work with Yash Raj Films in the last five years. Director (Pradeep Sarkar) and the producer (Aditya) thought I would be fit for this role. Pradeep Sarkar feels that I am ‘Mardaani’,” she said.