The acclaimed director and the actress married in a quiet wedding in Italy in April this year. “I have told him (Aditya) not to direct me. I don’t think I will be able to take his directions. A director is thecaptain of the ship and an actor has to work professionally with the director. There are times when the director can shout at actors,” Rani told PTI in an interview.
Aditya has so far directed three films, which includes his debut blockbuster ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’ in 1995.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Rani Mukerji, who will be seen playing a cop in YRF’s ‘Mardaani’ has earlier worked with the banner in several films. “I think I would be happy playing the role of a wife for him. So, I can tell him what to do… and would not like to take his orders. It’s better I work with him as a director (at home),” the 36-year-old actress said.
Aditya, who has mostly directed love stories, is a romantic in real life too, says Rani. “Though it is a little personal to talk about it… I think nobody can write such beautiful love stories if he doesn’t believe in it and he himself isn’t like that in real life.”
“I am happy to have found a man who is compassionate, kind and a good human being. I look upto him and respect him as a person,” Rani Mukerji said.
Aditya, who is known to be a very private person, was previously married to Payal Khanna and got divorced from her in 2009. It is the first marriage for Rani but the ‘Black’ actress says it has not brought any major changes in her life.
“It is important that we live our life the way we used to before (getting married). There is no change because marriage doesn’t really change you. It is a normal thing where two people get along and want to spend their life together,” Rani said.
Even for Aditya, she says, things have not changed. “He likes to remain anonymous and lead a normal life. Since childhood he has the habit of going to theatres to watch the reaction of people for his film. He says because he is married to an actress, his pictures are coming out (in public),” she said.
Rani is looking forward to the release of her upcoming film ‘Mardaani‘ which hits theatres on August 22.
“I did not work with Yash Raj Films in the last five years. Director (Pradeep Sarkar) and the producer (Aditya) thought I would be fit for this role. Pradeep Sarkar feels that I am ‘Mardaani’,” she said.