Actress Rani Mukerji, who got married to director producer Aditya Chopra in April this year, says she wants to retain her surname and would not change it to Chopra.
Rani tied knot with Aditya in a quiet ceremony in Italy.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“I love my name and I will keep to that. For my films people know me as Rani Mukerji and they will always know me by that name. Personally, when I admit my children in school that time there will be change of surname. But for my fans it will always remain Rani Mukerji,” Rani said during the trailer launch of her upcoming film ‘Mardaani’ last evening.
On their secret marriage in Italy, Rani says, “I had no hand in this. My husband asked me to go to Italy for the wedding and I couldn’t say anything. I had no choice.”
Aditya is known to be a shy person, who doesn’t come in front of the media, whereas Rani is bubbly and talkative. She feels it is a very conscious decision that he has made.
“He likes to concentrate more on his work rather than being seen. He has taken this decision on a personal level. I don’t think marriage can change that. I don’t think marriage makes you a different person. I think it is just an extension of your life,” Rani said.
“Though he is married to an actor I don’t think he is entitled to be a media savvy person. He is an individual and he will like to maintain his privacy like always. As long as he is visible to me I am very happy,” she said.
Brushing aside rumours of her having an active role in Yash Raj Films, Rani says, “There is power but in the house. There is power in the kitchen. I think in production house there are able people to take care of things and Adi (Aditya) being at the top I don’t think he needs anyone. I would like to take over the house and not office.
“I don’t think there is any particular role that I will play (in YRF). I am there to listen to scripts and give suggestions and opinions, but that is not only for YRF films but for other films as well,” she said.
She said she is happy being an actress and has no plans to get behind the camera, be it as a director or producer.
The actress says she is open to do different kind of roles, including that of a mother, in the future.
“I hope to work till I take my boots off… You can’t take away the artist out of me ever. I will have to play different roles like that of wife, in the future that ofmother. The most significant role I think I am known for is that of an actor and this is something that is not going to change,” Rani said.