“Tanu Weds Manu Returns” star Actress Kangana Ranaut, who will essay the role of warrior queen Rani Laxmibai in an upcoming biopic, is confident that it will be one of her career’s “best films.”
Directed by Ketan Mehta, the yet-to-be-titled film will go on floors next year.
“I am excited to be a part of the project. It is going to be one of the best films of my career. It’s a great opportunity to do something different and challenging,” Kangana told PTI.
“It has an amazing role. The transformation of a girl into a warrior is amazing. With every film I try to do something new… go a step ahead,” she said.
- Manikarnika: Ankita Lokhande’s first look as Jhalkaribai is out
- Kangana Ranaut on Manikarnika controversy: It is being created because a few people want to get famous
- Is Tanu Weds Manu 3 in the pipeline?
- Kangana Ranaut about her role in Manikarnika: This one is extraordinary
- I’m number one, others have had no growth: Kangana Ranaut
- Kangana Ranaut is in Rani Laxmibai: Ketan Mehta
To get into the skin of the character, the 26-year-old National Award-winning actress will have to undergo training in horse riding and sword fighting.
“There are certain things I need to learn. I am excited about it. It is an Indo-Brit project. It will happen in 2016,” she said.
There are reports that English actor Hugh Grant is also going to be a part of the biopic.
The actress has recently delivered super-hit “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” and will be next seen in Nikhil Advani’s “Katti Batti” opposite Imran Khan.