- Amitabh Bachchan returns from Maldives after 75th birthday celebrations, pens down his love for home
- From Aaradhya’s hand-designed card to a yacht party, here’s how the Bachchans are planning to ring in Big B’s birthday
- Dussehra 2017: Inside pictures of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and daughter Aaradhya’s celebrations
Actor Randeep Hooda is not nervous about sharing screen space with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in a biopic on Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who died in a jail in Pakistan.
After roping in Aishwarya for the role of Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur, the makers have chosen Randeep to play the protagonist of the film.
“I work with directors, never work with a co-stars apart from being in the scene. My interest is usually in the director because he is the person I am working with…he is the person (with whom) I am holding myself and my character,” Randeep told PTI.
- Aishwarya Rai, Randeep Hooda pay homage to Sarabjit with his family in attendance, see pics
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to shoot at Attari border for 'Sarbjit'
- Sarabjit's real sister Dalbir dotes on Randeep Hooda - the reel Sarbjit
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer 'Sarbjit' to release a day earlier than scheduled
- Randeep Hooda, Darshan Kumaar start shooting for 'Sarabjit' biopic
- Randeep Hooda to play Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's brother in Sarabjit biopic
“I have little or no interest in who are cast in the film, that is director’s job. Once they (co-actors) are on the job, then it is my job. Before that I am not worried or
nervous about doing this…it wouldn’t matter to me,” he said, when asked if he is excited or nervous working with Aishwarya.
When further asked to comment on Aishwarya being part of the film, Randeep simply said, “Great.” The movie will narrate the struggle of Dalbir, whose aim in life was to get her brother out of jail who had been imprisoned in Pakistan and convicted of terrorism and spying.
Sarabjit had claimed he was a farmer who strayed into Pakistan from his village located on the border. The biographical film will be directed by Omung Kumar of “Mary Kom” fame. It is scheduled to release in May 2016.
Besides this project, Randeep will be seen in “Do Do Lafzon Ki Kahani” and in another film where he would for the first time play a Jat.
“‘Do Do Lafzon Ki Kahani’ is a story between a fighter and an innocent girl. So that’s the love story between them… it’s a pure love story. I am done with its shooting. Then I have a movie called “Ya Laal Rang” where for the first time I will get to play a Jat,” he said.
Randeep Hooda is presently looking forward to the release of “Main Aur Charles”.