Bollywood heart-throb Ranbir Kapoor has joined hands with Saavn, a US-based digital music company known as the leader in digital streaming for Indian music, as a creative collaborator.
Ranbir will work with the Saavn team on consumer marketing ideation and production, business development and content. In fact, the actor gave inputs for a commercial campaign which is expected to go on air next week.
The TV commercial has been written by Vasan Bala, who is the screenwriter for Kapoor’s new film Bombay Velvet, alongside Sneha Mehta and Teddy Stern of Saavn.
“I’ve been using Saavn for years now, so it’s exciting to be working with the team on a deeper level. I’ll be helping to guide the brand, influence programming, connect with the next generation of music listeners and ultimately help build the best music product in India and potentially the world,” Ranbir said in a statement.
“And this is only the beginning. I look forward to being involved in a more business-centric capacity in the near future,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It was in 2012 that Ranbir met the New York-based Saavn founders – Paramdeep Singh (executive chairman), Rishi Malhotra (CEO) and Vin Bhat (president and chief strategy officer).
Singh said the partnership felt right from the beginning.
“Everyone involved in this partnership is truly passionate about the product but there’s also a very human connection here as well.
“Our collaboration with Ranbir represents an evolution in the way technology companies and artists work together in India. And that bridge between art and digital is at the very heart of what we want to accomplish at Saavn,” he added.
The commercial campaign was produced by Golden Gaddi Films, the ad production house of Guneet Monga, the producer of the highly acclaimed film ‘The Lunchbox’.
The 30-second ad can be viewed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFqtQn_6zw
The digital music company, which boasts a catalogue of almost two million tracks from both Indian and US record labels, will be rolling out a suite of new consumer-facing products and partnerships over the next couple of months in which Ranbir’s inputs and ideation will play a major role.