Actor Akshay Kumar feels that the Bollywood heartthrobs Ranbir Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are the next superstars of the film industry. The 46-year-old actor feels that the fresh crop of actors, who have been trying to make a mark in the industry, are very talented. (Photos: Ranbir, Ranveer are Bollywood’s hottest bachelors)
“I think Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh and others are doing well. In my eyes, they are next superstars,” Akshay said at the trailer launch of his forthcoming home production called ‘Fugly’.
Akshay feels newcomers today do not need support of superstars like him to get into the industry. “When we came as newcomers we needed support but today’s newcomers don’t need it… they are fit, good, mentally balanced, and professionally better than us. They know what they want or don’t want,” he said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The way they are going is good. There is no need to teach them… they have knowledge about everything. I think they need support of their family (than us),” he added.
In ‘Fugly’, the actor is launching newcomers including Olympic medal winner boxer Vijender Singh and Anil Kapoor’s nephew Mohit Marwah.
When asked if he has taken a risk by casting newcomers in the film, Akshay said, “in every film there is a risk whether I act in films or the films that I produce. I am confident about the film.” Fugly is helmed by Kabir Sadanand.