Actor Ranbir Kapoor is happy that his upcoming film ‘Bombay Velvet’ is not releasing with any other movie as he feels that it affects the business of the project. (Leaked: Ranbir Kapoor’s look in Bombay Velvet)
Earlier, Anurag Kashyap directed ‘Bombay Velvet’ starring Ranbir Kapoor in the lead was set to have a box office clash with superstar Aamir Khan’s ‘PK’ this Christmas.
But now, Bombay Velvet will release on November 28 and Rajkumar Hirani’s ‘PK’ will hit cinema houses on December 19.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“I think it is correct release date as we will get more theatres. We don’t want to clash with another film as it affects the business of a film. It is the best film. And we hope audience will like the film,” Ranbir Kapoor said at the wrap up party of ‘Bombay Velvet’ here last night.
‘Bombay Velvet’, first in a planned trilogy, tells the story of how Bombay became a metropolis. Historian Gyan Prakash’s book ‘Mumbai Fables’ forms the basis for the movie.
“Anurag has made this film with lot of hard work and love. It has been a dream of Anurag for nine years. We hope wider audience sees this film as it is an entertaining and engaging film,” Ranbir Kapoor said.
Ranbir and Anushka Sharma, who have been paired for the first time in the film, play lovers whose lives intermingle with the evolution of the city of Bombay, through the 50s to early 70s. The film also stars Karan Johar.