Singh told IANS: “When you write a film, you have a wish list of actors ready. The role in ‘Roy’ is not a typical lead role. It’s a character. I have seen Ranbir’s work. He doesn’t shy away from taking risks.
“We have seen him doing a film like ‘Barfi!’ in which he didn’t have any dialogue. Also, his vision is different. He had faith in the film, and so he said yes to ‘Roy’.”
- I told Ranbir that Anushka is playing a dog woman in Pari: Clover Wootton
- From ‘Saawariya’ to ‘Tamasha’: Will Ranbir Kapoor rise again?
- Ranbir Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez’s ‘Roy’ is big pre Valentine’s Day release
- Ranbir Kapoor: It takes a lot of courage to make a film like ‘Roy’
- Ranbir Kapoor and Jaaved Jaaferi fight it out for Besharam
- Ranbir Kapoor’s role in Roy is not a cameo
Singh says it was a strategy.
The director also clarified that ‘Roy’ is not a full-fledged Ranbir Kapoor movie.