Director Anurag Basu and Ranbir Kapoor share a great rapport but the filmmaker says he cannot wait for the actor to star in all his films despite their friendship.
After their award-winning collaboration for ‘Barfi!’ in 2012, the director-actor duo are again teaming up for ‘Jagga Jasoos’ and the Kishore Kumar biopic.
“Ranbir and I share a great rapport. We connect as an actor and director. After ‘Barfi!’, we are doing ‘Jagga Jasoos’ whose rigorous shoot we will start from November,” Basu told PTI in an interview.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“Then there is Kishore Kumar biopic, which will go on floors soon after ‘Jagga Jasoos’ is finished. I am yet unsure about my untitled project because Ranbir has other films as well. Even I cannot wait for him every time. I might have to take some other actor for it,” Basu added.
There were reports earlier this month that Basu had signed his fourth project with Ranbir but the filmmaker set the record straight on Twitter by saying these stories came from his fake Facebook account.
‘Jagga Jasoos’, a Bollywood sleuth drama, stars Ranbir and Katrina Kaif in leading roles. The movie is expected to hit theatres in May next year. Ranbir is also producing the film with the director.
Basu started his film career with thrillers like ‘Saaya’, ‘Kuch Toh hai’ and ‘Murder’ but he hit the bull’s eye with ‘Gangster’ and followed its success with ‘Life in a Metro’.
The director says he is going slow with his film career because he feels he has worked hard during his initial days. He now wants to focus more on his personal life.
“People often complain that after ‘Barfi!’ I have not made anything in these two years. But I must tell you that have worked hard a lot during the early days of my career.
“There were times when I used to direct two films in a year. I am going slow now and it’s a conscious decision. I am focusing on other things of life like my family. I and my wife have an NGO and we are busy with its work,” he said.
The ‘Kites’ helmer is currently enjoying his stint as a judge on Zee TV’s reality show ‘Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj’.
“It’s a good platform for kids to show their talents and get a chance to have a career in showbiz. The show is like an acting school and we are teachers and judges to them. I am amazed to see the talent of these youngsters. If needed, I will also give them a chance to act in my films,” he said.