It is indeed the clash of the titans for the title of the top endorser. The first few months of 2014 have seen actor Ranbir Kapoor top the charts in terms of celebrity endorsements, with a 5% ad volume share, as per data shared by Tam Adex, the country’s advertising monitoring unit for television, print and radio. Ranbir Kapoor endorses brands such as Pepsi, Ruffles Lays, Oreo and Lenovo. The top endorsers list also features Kareena Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan,Virat Kohli and Deepika Padukone—in that order. The difference in terms of ad volumes, however, is negligible among these actors. Most of the top actors are neck and neck in ad volume share and they beat each other with a difference of decimal points. The data is for the January—March 2014 period. Katrina Kaif was top celebrity endorser, for the same period in 2013 with a 7% ad volume share and she was followed by actor Shah Rukh Khan with a 6% ad volume share.
Hindustan Unilever held on to its position as the top advertiser in the first few months of 2014,trailed by L’Oreal India and Procter & Gamble. Beverage companies Coca Cola India and Pepsico India followed suit. The top advertisers for the previous year were Hindustan Unilever, Pepsi, Coca Cola India, Procter & Gamble and L’Orealin that order. While film actors hogged a 42% ad volume share for endorsements for the early part of this year, female actors took up a 41% share and sports persons accounted for a 13% share of endorsements. In public relations buzz share, actor Salman Khan retained numerouno position this year with a 5% buzz share,while Ranbir Kapoor trailed far behind in public relations buzz at number seven spot with a 2% buzz share. The public relations buzz data was shared by Eikona,a unit of Tam.
Anirban Das Blah, chief executive and managing director at entertainment and marketing solutions firm CAA Kwan said there were very few “youth” icons in India and Ranbir Kapoor was certainly one of them. “A lot of the popular male Bollywood stars are in their 30’s and for brands that want to capitalize on infectious youthful energy, Kapoor is the pick,” He is however not surprised that the Barfi actor has not hogged the headlines in print and trails behind actor Salman Khan in public relations buzz. “Kapoor does things differently. For instance he is the only actor who doesn’t have a publicist. Neither does he have a Twitter account,” said Blah.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
By Anushree Chandran