It is indeed the clash of the titans for the title of the top endorser. The first few months of 2014 have seen actor Ranbir Kapoor top the charts in terms of celebrity endorsements, with a 5% ad volume share, as per data shared by Tam Adex, the country’s advertising monitoring unit for television, print and radio. Ranbir Kapoor endorses brands such as Pepsi, Ruffles Lays, Oreo and Lenovo. The top endorsers list also features Kareena Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan,Virat Kohli and Deepika Padukone—in that order. The difference in terms of ad volumes, however, is negligible among these actors. Most of the top actors are neck and neck in ad volume share and they beat each other with a difference of decimal points. The data is for the January—March 2014 period. Katrina Kaif was top celebrity endorser, for the same period in 2013 with a 7% ad volume share and she was followed by actor Shah Rukh Khan with a 6% ad volume share.
Hindustan Unilever held on to its position as the top advertiser in the first few months of 2014,trailed by L’Oreal India and Procter & Gamble. Beverage companies Coca Cola India and Pepsico India followed suit. The top advertisers for the previous year were Hindustan Unilever, Pepsi, Coca Cola India, Procter & Gamble and L’Orealin that order. While film actors hogged a 42% ad volume share for endorsements for the early part of this year, female actors took up a 41% share and sports persons accounted for a 13% share of endorsements. In public relations buzz share, actor Salman Khan retained numerouno position this year with a 5% buzz share,while Ranbir Kapoor trailed far behind in public relations buzz at number seven spot with a 2% buzz share. The public relations buzz data was shared by Eikona,a unit of Tam.
Anirban Das Blah, chief executive and managing director at entertainment and marketing solutions firm CAA Kwan said there were very few “youth” icons in India and Ranbir Kapoor was certainly one of them. “A lot of the popular male Bollywood stars are in their 30’s and for brands that want to capitalize on infectious youthful energy, Kapoor is the pick,” He is however not surprised that the Barfi actor has not hogged the headlines in print and trails behind actor Salman Khan in public relations buzz. “Kapoor does things differently. For instance he is the only actor who doesn’t have a publicist. Neither does he have a Twitter account,” said Blah.
By Anushree Chandran
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched