Actor Rana Daggubati began shooting for Hindi-Telugu bilingual “Ghazi”, India’s first submarine-based war film, on Thursday (january 7) here.
“Pushing my experimental envelope towards mainstream cinema yet again!! #GHAZI (Hindi-Telugu bi-lingual) begins filming today (sic),” Rana posted on his Twitter page on Thursday.
Pushing my experimental envelope towards mainstream cinema yet again!! #GHAZI (Hindi-Telugu bi-lingual) begins filming today!!
— Rana Daggubati (@RanaDaggubati) January 7, 2016
The film is based on the true incidents on the mysterious sinking of PNS Ghazi, a Pakistan submarine during the Indo-Pak 1971 war.
Actress Taapsee Pannu is paired with Rana, and she’s rumoured to be playing a refugee.
- Rana Daggubati signs film with Bala?
- The Ghazi Attack: Rana Daggubati said he missed sunlight during shoot
- The Ghazi Attack: Rana Daggubati shares confidential documents of submarine Ghazi
- Ghazi first look: Rana Daggubati suits up in whites for some underwater action
- Karan Johar to distribute Rana Daggubati’s Ghazi in Hindi
- Rana Daggubati’s rigorous underwater shoots for ‘Ghazi’
The film will be directed by debutant Sankalp, and it will be partially based on his own book Blue Fish.
“Ghazi” will be produced by PVP Cinema. The story is about an executive naval officer of the Indian submarine S21 and his team who remain underwater for 18 days.