Filmmaker Ramesh Sippy is set to direct ‘dream girl’ Hema Malini once again after the duo delivered Bollywood’s cult classic ‘Sholay’ 39 years ago. The film will be titled ‘Shimla Mirchi’ and will go on floors in August.
The romantic saga will also feature ‘Citylights’ star Rajkummar Rao. Actress opposite him is yet to be finalised. “Ramesh Sippy’s ‘Sholay’ was released 39 years back in 1975, when he created the character of Basanti with his favourite actress Hema Malini.”
“Ramesh Sippy is going to work with Hema Malini after ‘Sholay’ in ‘Shimla Mirchi’ and like his other films, the first letter of his next film is also with the letter ‘S’,” a release said.
Sippy’s last release as a director was ‘Zamaana Deewana’ in 1995. The film starred Raveena Tandon and Shah Rukh Khan in the lead.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016