A local court on Friday issued arrest warrants against ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, actors Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh in connection with a case alleging that few scenes in the movie hurt the religious sentiments of the Hindus.
Warrants were also issued against another producer Kishore Lulla, as well as the musicians and lyricists of the movie.
Issuing the arrest warrants, Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) SP Singh directed Mumbai Police Commissioner to arrest the persons concerned and produce them at his court on June 4. These warrants were issued based on a complaint case under various sections of the IPC filed by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha in November last year which alleged that few scenes in the movie hurt the religious sentiments of the Hindus.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court had stopped the release of the movie till November 22, 2013 but it was released here on November 12 itself.
The CJM took cognisance of the case on February 14 this year and summoned the actors and the director, who did not turn up following which today the warrants were issued.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016