A local court on Friday issued arrest warrants against ‘Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ director-producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali, actors Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh in connection with a case alleging that few scenes in the movie hurt the religious sentiments of the Hindus.
Warrants were also issued against another producer Kishore Lulla, as well as the musicians and lyricists of the movie.
Issuing the arrest warrants, Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) SP Singh directed Mumbai Police Commissioner to arrest the persons concerned and produce them at his court on June 4. These warrants were issued based on a complaint case under various sections of the IPC filed by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha in November last year which alleged that few scenes in the movie hurt the religious sentiments of the Hindus.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The Madhya Pradesh High Court had stopped the release of the movie till November 22, 2013 but it was released here on November 12 itself.
The CJM took cognisance of the case on February 14 this year and summoned the actors and the director, who did not turn up following which today the warrants were issued.