Rajkummar Rao, who has won a National Award for his movie ‘Shahid’, has proved his acting skills time and again. The actor has now reportedly signed a black comedy titled ‘Newton’.
Having tried his hand on various avatars, the actor has always tried to get into the skin of the characters he play in his films. He was last seen on screen in Vidya balan, Emraan Hashmi starrer ‘Hamari Adhuri Kahaani’.
Rajkummar, who is known for leaving a strong impact on the audience said, “Yes, it’s the journey of a common man who aspires to be someone in life and heads to a jungle infested with Naxals. It’s a really funny story. I’ve been reading a lot of scripts but at the same time am being careful and choosy. Manish Mundra, who’s made Ankhon Dekhi and Masaan, got in touch and as soon as I read it, I knew this was it.”
- Mental Hai Kya actor Rajkummar Rao: Can’t put ego into acting
- Mental Hai Kya is a quirky, different comedy: Rajkummar Rao
- Mental Hai Kya third look: Kangana Ranaut and Rajkummar Rao are killing it
- Rajkummar Rao gracious for his big win at Filmfare, remembers his mother
- How Rajkummar Rao and Irrfan Khan proved that 2017 was about actors and not superstars
- Rajkummar Rao to star opposite Shraddha Kapoor in a horror comedy
Directed by Amit Masurkar, the movie will go on floors in November – December. Apart from this film, Rajkummar also has Ramesh Sippy’s ‘Shimla Mirchi’ and Hansal Mehta’s ‘Aligarh’ in his kitty.