Actor Rajkummar Rao does not consume alcohol in real life but he got drunk for a scene in his upcoming film ‘CityLights’ to bring credibility to his performance.
In a particular scene, Rajkummar visits a bar, gets sloshed and arrives home dead drunk.
“I don’t drink but I did not want to fake it. So I asked Hansal (director of the film Hansal Mehta), who is experienced in these matters, for the scene. On his advice, I started off with Vodka. I started downing a few pegs and was completely gone,” said the ‘Shahid’ star.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
For the scene, Rajkummar then had to go home and pick up a fight with actress Patralekha, who plays his on-screen wife.
“We were shooting on the eighth floor and there was always an element of scariness,” Rajkummar said.
Produced by Foxstar Studios and Vishesh Films, ‘CityLights’ is slated to release on May 30.