Actor Rajkummar Rao does not consume alcohol in real life but he got drunk for a scene in his upcoming film ‘CityLights’ to bring credibility to his performance.
In a particular scene, Rajkummar visits a bar, gets sloshed and arrives home dead drunk.
“I don’t drink but I did not want to fake it. So I asked Hansal (director of the film Hansal Mehta), who is experienced in these matters, for the scene. On his advice, I started off with Vodka. I started downing a few pegs and was completely gone,” said the ‘Shahid’ star.
For the scene, Rajkummar then had to go home and pick up a fight with actress Patralekha, who plays his on-screen wife.
“We were shooting on the eighth floor and there was always an element of scariness,” Rajkummar said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Produced by Foxstar Studios and Vishesh Films, ‘CityLights’ is slated to release on May 30.