Actor Rajkummar Rao has been receiving lot of film offers after bagging the national award.
Directed by Hansal Mehta, ‘Shahid’ is a biographical film on the life of lawyer and human rights activist Shahid Azmi, who was shot dead in 2010. Rajkummar portrayed the role of the slain lawyer.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I am getting lot of offers (after wining national award). Otherwise I have not changed which is good and I would like to remain like this. I am glad that I am getting to work with many people,” Rajkummar said at the event of ‘City Lights’ here.
Having started his career with Dibakar Banerjee’s anthology ‘Love Sex aur Dhokha’ (LSD), Rajkummar has always made an impact on audience’s mind with his powerful
Rajkummar has garnered praises for his performances in films like ‘Kai Po Che’, ‘Shahid’ and ‘Queen’. He has again teamed up with Mehta for his next film ‘City Lights’.
“The film is about a couple who comes to Mumbai from Rajasthan for a better life. They face various difficulties in the city and how their love story turns into a thrilling
experience,” Rajkummar said.
The director is all praises for Rajkummar and he even went on to call him his muse.
“Initially I thought Mahesh Bhatt will interfere in the project so I was bit apprehensive to take it up. But I was surprised not to see him on the sets on first day in Rajasthan where we shot the film,” Mehta said.
One can recollect, earlier ‘B A Pass’ fame director Ajay Bahl was to direct this film ‘City Lights’ but he opted out following creative differences with the makers.
Directed by Mehta, the film City Lights is produced by filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt. The film will see newcomer Patraleeka opposite Rajkummar.
Rajkummar will also be seen in a fun film ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ opposite Sonam Kapoor.