Actor Rajkummar Rao has been receiving lot of film offers after bagging the national award.
Directed by Hansal Mehta, ‘Shahid’ is a biographical film on the life of lawyer and human rights activist Shahid Azmi, who was shot dead in 2010. Rajkummar portrayed the role of the slain lawyer.
“I am getting lot of offers (after wining national award). Otherwise I have not changed which is good and I would like to remain like this. I am glad that I am getting to work with many people,” Rajkummar said at the event of ‘City Lights’ here.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Having started his career with Dibakar Banerjee’s anthology ‘Love Sex aur Dhokha’ (LSD), Rajkummar has always made an impact on audience’s mind with his powerful
Rajkummar has garnered praises for his performances in films like ‘Kai Po Che’, ‘Shahid’ and ‘Queen’. He has again teamed up with Mehta for his next film ‘City Lights’.
“The film is about a couple who comes to Mumbai from Rajasthan for a better life. They face various difficulties in the city and how their love story turns into a thrilling
experience,” Rajkummar said.
The director is all praises for Rajkummar and he even went on to call him his muse.
“Initially I thought Mahesh Bhatt will interfere in the project so I was bit apprehensive to take it up. But I was surprised not to see him on the sets on first day in Rajasthan where we shot the film,” Mehta said.
One can recollect, earlier ‘B A Pass’ fame director Ajay Bahl was to direct this film ‘City Lights’ but he opted out following creative differences with the makers.
Directed by Mehta, the film City Lights is produced by filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt. The film will see newcomer Patraleeka opposite Rajkummar.
Rajkummar will also be seen in a fun film ‘Dolly Ki Doli’ opposite Sonam Kapoor.