Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani launched the music of director-producer Girish Malik’s debut movie ‘Jal’ here.
Singer Sonu Nigam and renowned percussionist Bickram Ghosh, who turned music directors for the film, enthralled the audience with a live performance on the occasion.
The film’s music is inspired by the Rann of Kutch, where the film was shot. The music directors have taken immense inspiration from local Kutchi folk music fusing it with classical and soft rock elements.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“When Bickram and I decided to turn music directors we wanted to associate with a film which would not just have a strong script but would also have music as an integral part. We both were moved by the concept of the film. It was the right platform to introduce new sounds and music design that both Bickram and I were very excited about,” Sonu said in a statement here.
The album has songs sung by singers including Sonu, Shubha Mudgal and Ustaad Ghulam Mustafaa Khan. Most of the lyrics have been penned by Sonu.
“The visual treatment of the film is epic and surreal and the music had to compliment it. It is great to have Bickram and Sonu collaborating as music directors for this film,”
director Girish Malik said.
Saga Music has been signed on as the films music partner and it will be digitally distributed by sister concern Unisys InfoSolutions.
The film stars Purab Kohli, Kirti Kulhari, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Mukul Dev and Yashpal Sharma amongst others. Set for April 4 release, ‘Jal’ is the only Indian film to be in-competition at Busan International Film Festival and has also been the official selection for the Indian Panorama section at IFFI Goa ’13.