Filmmaker Rajkumar Hirani launched the music of director-producer Girish Malik’s debut movie ‘Jal’ here.
Singer Sonu Nigam and renowned percussionist Bickram Ghosh, who turned music directors for the film, enthralled the audience with a live performance on the occasion.
The film’s music is inspired by the Rann of Kutch, where the film was shot. The music directors have taken immense inspiration from local Kutchi folk music fusing it with classical and soft rock elements.
“When Bickram and I decided to turn music directors we wanted to associate with a film which would not just have a strong script but would also have music as an integral part. We both were moved by the concept of the film. It was the right platform to introduce new sounds and music design that both Bickram and I were very excited about,” Sonu said in a statement here.
The album has songs sung by singers including Sonu, Shubha Mudgal and Ustaad Ghulam Mustafaa Khan. Most of the lyrics have been penned by Sonu.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The visual treatment of the film is epic and surreal and the music had to compliment it. It is great to have Bickram and Sonu collaborating as music directors for this film,”
director Girish Malik said.
Saga Music has been signed on as the films music partner and it will be digitally distributed by sister concern Unisys InfoSolutions.
The film stars Purab Kohli, Kirti Kulhari, Tannishtha Chatterjee, Mukul Dev and Yashpal Sharma amongst others. Set for April 4 release, ‘Jal’ is the only Indian film to be in-competition at Busan International Film Festival and has also been the official selection for the Indian Panorama section at IFFI Goa ’13.