Entrepreneur and author Raj Kundra got embroiled in a controversy after he said that Bollywood superstar Salman Khan doesn’t earn as much as him. And Raj Kundra got a flak from from Salman Khan’s fans.
Raj, who had earlier tweeted saying he was misquoted, today (July 24) issued a formal statement saying he only used Salman Khan’s name as a reference, “as he is one of the biggest stars in the country today.”
He further clarified that when asked about his acting aspirations, he had said, “What Salman (Since he is number one at the moment it was the first name that came to mind) earns in a year, a business man earns in a month.”
He had also said, “One can compare the top 10 industrialist earnings to top 10 actors in Bollywood and whilst one gives you more fame the other certainly pays much better. So, obviously no producer would over pay to get a bad non actor when he can sign a superstar for cheaper.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Raj Kundra concluded by saying that he and his actress wife Shilpa Shetty share a cordial relation with Salman Khan and therefore, “never meant no ill towards anyone.”
Read raj Kundra’s full statement here:
During a recent press conference for Satyug Gold, I was posed with the question of whether I would consider acting. I replied with an honest reply stating, “Firstly, who would watch me? Secondly, as a businessman I would be unaffordable.” In context to the same question, I further stated an example by drawing parallel between the monetary earnings of actor versus that of a businessman. In order to make this simpler, I said “What Salman (Since he is number one at the moment it was the first name that came to mind) earns in a year, a business man earns in a month.” I further went on to say, “Forget me I am a small fish but one can compare the top 10 industrialist earnings to top 10 actors in Bollywood and whilst one gives you more fame the other certainly pays much better. So, obviously no producer would over pay to get a bad non actor when he can sign a superstar for cheaper.”
My statements were then misquoted out of context, causing a lot furor from Salman Khan fans. Nowhere, during the course of the interview did I pick on Salman Khan, I just used his name as a reference as he is one of the biggest stars in the country today.
My wife and her family share a very good rapport with the Khan family and I thereby have never meant no ill towards anyone.