From Irrfan Khan, Anupam Kher, Priyanka Chopra to Deepika Padukone — Indian actors are exploring different avenues of foreign cinema. But Nawazuddin Siddiqui is not impressed with the trend. The actor says the concept of going to Hollywood has become overrated, and wonders why one needs to go outside the country for work when Indian content itself is being appreciated around the world.
“What’s the need to go and work in Hollywood when we have such good working avenues here? We have people like Anurag Kashyap who makes films like Raman Raghav 2.0 or Gangs of Wasseypur, or we have films like Miss Lovely and The Lunchbox which not only earned money abroad but got appreciated too,” Nawazuddin said. “This has become overrated actually… Everyone is going and working there,” the actor added.
Nawazuddin’s projects have garnered positive response from the foreign audience. There were also reports that he will star in an international project with Australian actress Nicole Kidman, though nothing has been confirmed so far. All said and done, the actor is not averse to the idea of working in the West.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
He says he is open to working overseas, but is not getting spare time from his domestic projects. “We have to keep agents for work there… When the idea will come into my mind, then I will hire an agent. For now, there are no such plans because I don’t have time,” he said. The actor will next be seen in Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Raees.