Actor Tanuj Virwani said his upcoming movie ‘Purani Jeans’ deals with the problems a teenager faces while growing up and gives away a strong message on relationships.
In the city to promote his film, due for release on May 1, Virwani, who is the son of veteran actress Rati Agnihotri, said he is hopeful that ‘Purani Jeans’ will be a success.
“The film is about five guys from a small town in Himachal Pradesh. The story is about friendship and relationships. Its about a very important phase of your life when you are growing up and when you are out of school and going to college and all,” Virwani said here.
The film’s portions of Kasauli, a hill town in HP, about 60 km from Chandigarh, have been shot in Shimla and Manali, he informed.
Directed by Tanushri Chatterji Bassu, ‘Purani Jeans’ also stars Aditya Seal and Izabelle Leite in the lead roles. The actor also shares the screen space with Agnihotri in the film as she has played his on-screen mother too.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When asked about her role, he said, “She is part of the film, she is acting as my mom in the film, even though it is not a very big role…”
Asked about the message the film intends to give, he said Purani Jeans is like a metaphor, “Friendship is like a pair of old jeans, the older it gets, the better it becomes. That comfort level which one shares with old friends cannot be
The young actor, who takes inspiration from Aamir Khan, feels that an actor should not get stuck with same kind of roles and needs to re-invent himself.
“If you look at someone like Aamir Khan, he keeps re-inventing himself. You need to keep the audience engaged or else they will get bored. So, I feel it’s important to keep
surprising and exploring yourself,” he said.
About his co-stars in the film, he said, “They are all wonderful. It’s important that when you are working with a young starcast they get along well and there is a certain amount of chemistry with each other that translates on-screen.”