“I think Deepika and Anushka do that (profit share). I am happy for my colleagues…they are doing fine work. I am proud of them…it is amazing. I don’t have the power (like them). Changes are coming in the industry and it is a good thing,” Sonam said.
According to Sonam, there is definitely a change in the way women work in Bollywood today.
“In one of my upcoming films ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ director, editor and most of the other cast and crew are women. Like women are there in ruling party (politics), etc. Sexism is there everywhere…in every industry not just film industry,” she said.
“Today in films the kind of roles and films are written for women is good. I am too getting good roles,” she added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Sonam wants to support three causes – cancer as she had lost near and dear one’s, women empowerment and education.
On the eve of International women’s day, Femina a magazine in association with beauty brand L’oreal Paris are coming up with the third edition of L’oreal Paris Femina Women awards.
The awards will be held on March 27. “I am happy to be in the presence of such great women of worth, who have contributed to society selflessly and made a difference to the world we live in,” Sonam said.