Actress Sonam Kapoor is happy for the kind of work her contemporaries Deepika Padukone and Anushka Sharma are doing.
“I think Deepika and Anushka do that (profit share). I am happy for my colleagues…they are doing fine work. I am proud of them…it is amazing. I don’t have the power (like them). Changes are coming in the industry and it is a good thing,” Sonam said.
According to Sonam, there is definitely a change in the way women work in Bollywood today.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“In one of my upcoming films ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ director, editor and most of the other cast and crew are women. Like women are there in ruling party (politics), etc. Sexism is there everywhere…in every industry not just film industry,” she said.
“Today in films the kind of roles and films are written for women is good. I am too getting good roles,” she added.
Sonam wants to support three causes – cancer as she had lost near and dear one’s, women empowerment and education.
On the eve of International women’s day, Femina a magazine in association with beauty brand L’oreal Paris are coming up with the third edition of L’oreal Paris Femina Women awards.
The awards will be held on March 27. “I am happy to be in the presence of such great women of worth, who have contributed to society selflessly and made a difference to the world we live in,” Sonam said.