Shraddha Kapoor is living a dream, having got the opportunity of singing all the songs featured on her in Rock On!! 2, but the actress has revealed that many professional singers had auditioned for her part. The upcoming sequel to the 2008 musical stars Shraddha as a budding singer. The actress recalls watching the first part in a theatre, after which she told her father that if a second installment were to be ever made, she would star in it.
When Shraddha got to know that Rock On 2 was being planned, she immediately contacted the makers. “I didn’t even think twice, I called up Ritesh (Sidhwani, producer) and asked ‘Is this true? Do you want to meet me for it?’ He said, ‘Yeah. We would love to meet you.’ So that’s how it happened.
“But there was just one thing and it was that the lead actress had to sing all her songs. I was happy since I have sung ‘Galliyan’ and all. But he said that this was going to be a different level of singing and they have been testing professional singers for the part,” the 29-year-old actress said in an interview.
Shraddha gave a singing audition to the film’s composer Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. For the movie, the actress trained with singer-vocal coach Samantha Edwards and the actress said that the experience helped her with the role.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Post the audition, the actress met the film’s director Shujaat Saudagar, who helped her understand the character through a series of questions. “He asked me off-beat questions like ‘How many school trips have you gone on? ‘Have you ever gone back-packing alone? Lived alone?’ I was wondering why was he asking me these questions. Then I realised, my character in the film
essentially packs her bags and goes off somewhere. She is a loner in that sense.
“She does what her heart wants to do. He said that he wanted me to spend more time with myself, alone. I started putting a DND sign outside my door, so my family would not come. I used to sit with a dog, read a book and reduce going
out with friends,” Shraddha said.