If Priyanka Chopra let go off her diva image to play an autistic girl in “Barfi!”, the former beauty queen has once again swapped her glamorous look with a masculine and low-maintained one for “Mary Kom”. And as promised, the trailer of the biopic knocks you out.
Based on Olympic bronze medallist and five-time World Champion M.C. Mary Kom, Priyanka is mostly seen sporting braided hair and loose tee-shirts with track pants fighting off stereotypes apart from her opponents in the ring.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The power-packed trailer, unveiled Wednesday, shows Kom’s journey from a fighter to a boxer, opposition faced by her father to take up the sport as a profession, training with men, her fearless nature that made her willing to fight even men, her victory, marriage and so-called end of her boxing career, encouragement from her husband and how she gets back into the ring after becoming a mother.
“This film celebrates the never-say-die spirit of Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom. Portrayed by Priyanka as only she can, the screen will come alive with the fierce passion of this champion boxer,” Ajit Andhare, COO, Viacom18 Motion Pictures, said in a statement.
Directed by Omung Kumar and co-produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali Productions, the movie will release Sep 5.