Priyanka Chopra-starrer biopic on Olympic medal-winning boxer of Mary Kom will have its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival this September.
Priyanka Chopra plays the titular role in the film, to be produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
The world premiere of the film will take place on the opening night of the festival on September 4.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This is a landmark entry for VMP in the biggest film festival in North America. Mary Kom is the compelling story of India’s only Olympic woman boxer who fought against all odds winning not just championships but hearts of Indians the world over,” said Ajit Andhare, COO, Viacom18 Motion Pictures.
Directed by debutante Omung Kumar, ‘Mary Kom’ is slated to hit theatres on September 5.
Priyanka Chopra, a former Miss World, who won national award for ‘Fashion’, had called the biopic her career’s toughest and important role.