“We are trying very hard to get it tax free. We are getting through Censor process.. hopefully if everything works alright then we will share the good news. We are hoping it will come through,” Ajit Andhare, COO Viacom 18 told reporters.
Various state governments including Maharashtra, Bihar, UP and others had declared Farhan Akhtar starrer ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, a biopic on legendary athlete Milkha Singh, as tax free.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Mary Kom came with her husband K Onler Kom at the music launch of the film along with the cast of the movie. The boxing champion hopes the film will release in Manipur.
“They are surely trying to release the film there (Manipur). It is not in my hand to release it in my home town. Even government is trying to release the film there. If we get permission (to screen the film there) then great,” Mary said.
“No one was aware about Manipur for many years.. after the Olympic medal they know where Manipur is. After the film I hope there will be more recognition,” she said.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali with debutant director Omung Kumar, ‘Mary Kom’ is based on the true story of Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom. The film will hit theatres on September 5.