“We are trying very hard to get it tax free. We are getting through Censor process.. hopefully if everything works alright then we will share the good news. We are hoping it will come through,” Ajit Andhare, COO Viacom 18 told reporters.
Various state governments including Maharashtra, Bihar, UP and others had declared Farhan Akhtar starrer ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, a biopic on legendary athlete Milkha Singh, as tax free.
Mary Kom came with her husband K Onler Kom at the music launch of the film along with the cast of the movie. The boxing champion hopes the film will release in Manipur.
“They are surely trying to release the film there (Manipur). It is not in my hand to release it in my home town. Even government is trying to release the film there. If we get permission (to screen the film there) then great,” Mary said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“No one was aware about Manipur for many years.. after the Olympic medal they know where Manipur is. After the film I hope there will be more recognition,” she said.
Produced by Viacom18 Motion Pictures and Sanjay Leela Bhansali with debutant director Omung Kumar, ‘Mary Kom’ is based on the true story of Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom. The film will hit theatres on September 5.