Uttar Pradesh government announced exemption of entertainment tax on Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra’s starrer biopic ‘Mary Kom’.
“As the movie is based on life of boxer Mary Kom will be an inspiration for women of the state. The CM has decided to exempt it from entertainment tax”, an official spokesman said here.
The sports drama, which is based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner is scheduled to release on September 5 and is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18.
The movie narrates the struggle of a Manipuri female boxer, who goes on to become a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion.
Recently Rani Mukerji-starrer ‘Mardaani’ and ‘Katiyabaaz’ were exempted from entertainment tax by the UP government.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest