Uttar Pradesh government announced exemption of entertainment tax on Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra’s starrer biopic ‘Mary Kom’.
“As the movie is based on life of boxer Mary Kom will be an inspiration for women of the state. The CM has decided to exempt it from entertainment tax”, an official spokesman said here.
The sports drama, which is based on the life of the Olympic bronze medal winner is scheduled to release on September 5 and is produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in collaboration with Viacom 18.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
The movie narrates the struggle of a Manipuri female boxer, who goes on to become a five-time World Amateur Boxing champion.
Recently Rani Mukerji-starrer ‘Mardaani’ and ‘Katiyabaaz’ were exempted from entertainment tax by the UP government.