After close to a month that Priyanka Chopra spent in promoting Gunday, one would have thought that she would be taking at least a mini break of sorts before she moves on to other professional commitments. However, a weekend later, she is pretty much back to the grind and is already getting ready to begin shoot for her next, Mary Kom.
Informs a source, “There is an elaborate 10 day long training session that has been planned for Priyanka. Since she has to get into the groove for Mary Kom where she plays the real life Olympic winner boxer, producer Sanjay Leela Bhansali has planned an elaborate schedule for her. This would ensure that her physicality and agility is well in place before she begins shooting for the film.”
The film’s next schedule kick-starts on February 28, and before that, Priyanka has a mandate to leave behind her Kolkata cabaret dancer avatar and wear Mary Kom’s boxing gloves.
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
“It is going to be an extended shooting stint,” the source adds, “It would last a good 45 days and is easily one of the longest ever, considering the fact a considerable number of days have already been spent on the shoot. Mary Kom is a mega movie by all means and there won’t be any compromise on the entire set up and canvas.”
No wonder, Priyanka understands that too and is unrelenting in her preparation for the film.
“It is tiring of course,” she smiles, “Working on the film has been an exhaustive experience already. Every part of my body aches whenever I come from the sets. Now there is this training schedule. Guess I won’t have any rest for next 50-60 days.” Considering the fact that the trainers for Priyanka are the same people who have worked extensively with Mary Kom, one can well imagine the grilling that the Gunday girl is going through.