‘Jai Gangaajal’ director Prakash Jha, who is also making his Bollywood debut as an actor in the movie, said Priyanka Chopra was always the first choice for the film.
“Priyanka was the first and last choice for the film,” he said at the press conference call of the film in New Delhi.
The film ‘Jai Gangaajal’, which ‘is not a sequel’ of Ajay Devgan starrer ‘Gangaajal’, required a powerful female lead.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Prakash Jha said during the interaction “Priyanka too was keen for the film. The challenge was to schedule the shot which we planned in between her shots for ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and ‘Quantico’.”
- Not sued Prakash Jha, says Anurag Kashyap
- Prakash Jha can make grown men quake in their boots: Priyanka Chopra
- Jai Gangaajal trailer: Priyanka Chopra is a fierce cop in Prakash Jha film
- Prakash Jha: Hope Priyanka Chopra's international fame helps 'Jai Gangaajal'
- 'Jai Gangaajal' mirror to changed scenario: Prakash Jha
- 'Jai Gangaajal' poster: Priyanka Chopra is a tough cop in Prakash Jha film
Stating the film as ‘not a sequel’ of the part released in the year 2003, Prakash said, “The film is made on the same line as it aims to showcase the issues revolving in the society, but the film cannot be stated as the sequel. The story, the star cast all is very different in this part.”
Talking about the title, the director said that the purity that comes along with the word ‘Gangaajal’ is tried to be personified in a better manner, thus the film is tilted as ‘Jai Gangaajal’.
The director is also making his acting debut in the film. Actor Rahul Bhat, who is playing the role of a social activist in the film named Pawan Kumar, shared his delight of teaching the skill to the debutant. ‘Prakash Sir was a junior actor on the set so we all had a good time pulling his leg and teaching him,” the actor said.
On being asked if he would be trying his hands on other genre such as romance, Jha said, “I am doing the romance with my society and country through my films.”
Talking about the film’s songs Prakash stated that there are 12 songs in the film which well creates the required plot for the movie.
The action-drama, also starring Manav Kaul, Ninad Kamat and Vega Tamotia, will hit theatres on March 4.