‘Jai Gangaajal’ director Prakash Jha, who is also making his Bollywood debut as an actor in the movie, said Priyanka Chopra was always the first choice for the film.
“Priyanka was the first and last choice for the film,” he said at the press conference call of the film in New Delhi.
The film ‘Jai Gangaajal’, which ‘is not a sequel’ of Ajay Devgan starrer ‘Gangaajal’, required a powerful female lead.
Prakash Jha said during the interaction “Priyanka too was keen for the film. The challenge was to schedule the shot which we planned in between her shots for ‘Bajirao Mastani’ and ‘Quantico’.”
- Not sued Prakash Jha, says Anurag Kashyap
- Prakash Jha can make grown men quake in their boots: Priyanka Chopra
- Jai Gangaajal trailer: Priyanka Chopra is a fierce cop in Prakash Jha film
- Prakash Jha: Hope Priyanka Chopra's international fame helps 'Jai Gangaajal'
- 'Jai Gangaajal' mirror to changed scenario: Prakash Jha
- 'Jai Gangaajal' poster: Priyanka Chopra is a tough cop in Prakash Jha film
Stating the film as ‘not a sequel’ of the part released in the year 2003, Prakash said, “The film is made on the same line as it aims to showcase the issues revolving in the society, but the film cannot be stated as the sequel. The story, the star cast all is very different in this part.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Talking about the title, the director said that the purity that comes along with the word ‘Gangaajal’ is tried to be personified in a better manner, thus the film is tilted as ‘Jai Gangaajal’.
The director is also making his acting debut in the film. Actor Rahul Bhat, who is playing the role of a social activist in the film named Pawan Kumar, shared his delight of teaching the skill to the debutant. ‘Prakash Sir was a junior actor on the set so we all had a good time pulling his leg and teaching him,” the actor said.
On being asked if he would be trying his hands on other genre such as romance, Jha said, “I am doing the romance with my society and country through my films.”
Talking about the film’s songs Prakash stated that there are 12 songs in the film which well creates the required plot for the movie.
The action-drama, also starring Manav Kaul, Ninad Kamat and Vega Tamotia, will hit theatres on March 4.