Priyanka Chopra, who is turning producer with Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Madamji’, says she wants to promote and encourage new talent. Priyanka, 32, is also starring in the film as a female lead.
“I am really happy Madhur agreed to be the director in my first home production. It is a big and new step for me in a new direction. As a producer I want to make great films,” Priyanka said in an interview here.
“I wanted to make films but I never thought I will make a film starring me. I want to tell small good stories but this (‘Madamji’) came as a great opportunity to establish the production house. I want to promote new talent whether it is actors, directors or writers… I think we need to promote newer talent, help them,” she said.
Priyanka started off her career in showbiz as a model, went to become an actress and then a singer and now she has opened her production house. “I like evolving and changing. I don’t know where I will
go and what next I will do but things eventually happen. Like I never thought I would turn musician and producer… I am spontaneous and I am instinctive,” Priyanka said.
‘Madamji’ is the story of an item girl who becomes a top politician.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Asked if she will be thinking of numbers and box office collections as a producer, she said, “I don’t understand numbers… I get confused. It is tricky. When the film releases someone will call and tell about the numbers and the opening. I don’t understand trade. I get very thrown off.
“But as a producer my maths is good, budgeting and all I can do very well. I have a great team in place and they help me.”