Priyanka Chopra: Want to promote new actors, directors and writers

Priyanka Chopra, who is turning producer with Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji', says she wants to promote new talent.

By: Press Trust of India | Mumbai | Updated: August 27, 2014 5:46 pm
  "I am really happy Madhur agreed to be the director in my first home production. It is a big and new step for me in a new direction. As a producer I want to make great films," Priyanka said in an interview here.      “I am really happy Madhur agreed to be the director in my first home production. It is a big and new step for me in a new direction. As a producer I want to make great films,” Priyanka said in an interview here.

Priyanka Chopra, who is turning producer with Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Madamji’, says she wants to promote and encourage new talent.  Priyanka, 32, is also starring in the film as a female lead.

“I wanted to make films but I never thought I will make a film starring me. I want to tell small good stories but this (‘Madamji’) came as a great opportunity to establish the production house. I want to promote new talent whether it is actors, directors or writers… I think we need to promote newer talent, help them,” she said.

Priyanka started off her career in showbiz as a model, went to become an actress and then a singer and now she has opened her production house.  “I like evolving and changing. I don’t know where I will
go and what next I will do but things eventually happen. Like I never thought I would turn musician and producer… I am spontaneous and I am instinctive,” Priyanka said.

‘Madamji’ is the story of an item girl who becomes a top politician.

Asked if she will be thinking of numbers and box office collections as a producer, she said, “I don’t understand numbers… I get confused. It is tricky. When the film releases someone will call and tell about the numbers and the opening. I don’t understand trade. I get very thrown off.

“But as a producer my maths is good, budgeting and all I can do very well. I have a great team in place and they help me.”

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now

First Published on: August 27, 2014 5:45 pm
    Mohd faisal
    Dec 13, 2016 at 1:27 pm
    I am story writter i have 2 story lt;br/gt;story name lt;br/gt;1.remake of sirf tumlt;br/gt;2.bechara dillt;br/gt;plz plz I want writter and director but i am very poor .I hope your support me.lt;br/gt;Thankx
    1. U
      upendra pratap
      Jul 25, 2016 at 3:56 am
      hi mem lt;br/gt;i am story writer and i have 4 storylt;br/gt;story name is ---lt;br/gt;1-KAALlt;br/gt;2-Jakhmi Mardanilt;br/gt;3-Prem ki Diwangeelt;br/gt;4-Dev - Raajlt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;my e mail
        ryan singh
        Feb 1, 2016 at 5:55 pm
        Hy madam humara naam Ryan singh hai or hum u.p we hai Hume 1 chance chahiye....plzzz
        1. Z
          zaheen ahmad
          Nov 16, 2016 at 1:02 pm
          I have a new story different from other story please give me one chance lt;br/gt; and Closed make dirty movie in Bollywood Please.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;MY Mob. 9696016503
          1. O
            owais ahmad
            May 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm
            juric
              Saad Producermodl
              Mar 22, 2015 at 6:22 pm
              Hiii prinkya i am sahib khalid i wants to become an actor and i am having all these quality which you wants and i had written many type of stories like,sad stories,romantic stories.mujeha mre papa bollywood me nahi dl na chahte he lakin me wo sb kr na chahta hu jo aap log kr te he aur agr me actor bn gya to me aapni aadhi ry poor children ko deunga aur aun logo ko jin logo ke ps khe ko food nahi he.plzz agr aap mujeha bollywood me ek chance de digiyea me wo sb karunga jo aap kehayengi.aur me bolly wood me inter kr ke liyea bohot se lgo se bt ki lakin wo us ke liyea paise mang rehea the lakin mre p paise nahi he[NOTE-.lakin me aap se jn na chatha hu ke aap ki bollywood family me kya talent paiso pr bikta he?] AND THIS IS MY NUMBER PLZZ CONTACT ON THIS NUMBER 8982027337 bss ek chance de di giyea mujeha bss aap log jo kehaiyenge me wo karunga.