Priyanka Chopra, who is turning producer with Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Madamji’, says she wants to promote and encourage new talent. Priyanka, 32, is also starring in the film as a female lead.
“I am really happy Madhur agreed to be the director in my first home production. It is a big and new step for me in a new direction. As a producer I want to make great films,” Priyanka said in an interview here.
“I wanted to make films but I never thought I will make a film starring me. I want to tell small good stories but this (‘Madamji’) came as a great opportunity to establish the production house. I want to promote new talent whether it is actors, directors or writers… I think we need to promote newer talent, help them,” she said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Priyanka started off her career in showbiz as a model, went to become an actress and then a singer and now she has opened her production house. “I like evolving and changing. I don’t know where I will
go and what next I will do but things eventually happen. Like I never thought I would turn musician and producer… I am spontaneous and I am instinctive,” Priyanka said.
‘Madamji’ is the story of an item girl who becomes a top politician.
Asked if she will be thinking of numbers and box office collections as a producer, she said, “I don’t understand numbers… I get confused. It is tricky. When the film releases someone will call and tell about the numbers and the opening. I don’t understand trade. I get very thrown off.
“But as a producer my maths is good, budgeting and all I can do very well. I have a great team in place and they help me.”