Actress Priyanka Chopra, who recently launched her production house, says she is working to back new talent in regional as well as Hindi films.
“I have launched my production house called Purple Pebble Pictures. I want to work with and push new talent like writers because when I had entered the film industry, I didn’t know anyone and getting a foothold is tough. For all who come from outside, getting a break is difficult,” Priyanka said at a press meet for her film “Bajirao Mastani”.
“I also want to promote regional cinema. I am working on three regional films and two Hindi films. I will soon make an announcement,” said the “Mary Kom” actress.
Priyanka, however, ruled out the possibility of turning director, saying it was a job with “immense responsibility”.
On success in this year, when she had “Dil Dhadakne Do”, “Bajirao Mastani” and international TV series “Quantico”, she said: “This year has been extremely overworked for me. It’s almost as if I need 36 hours in a day. It’s been very fulfilling professionally.”
“And the next year is going to be more difficult for me because my show (‘Quantico’) has become so successful that it got extended from 13 to 22 episodes.
“It’s also difficult because I want to maintain my career in both America and in India. I don’t want to choose and I don’t think I should,” she said.
“Quantico” is likely to get a second season due to its success.
“I’ll be able to do two films between both my seasons. In Hindi films, I have choices of six really interesting films and I have choices of two really interesting films there (Hollywood) also.
- Priyanka Chopra’s colleagues said she was mad to make Bhojpuri films: Madhu Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra: I was in a very committed relationship but since almost a year, I’ve been single
- It’s unfair to put the onus of spreading awareness entirely on the film industry, says Priyanka Chopra
- Before Baywatch, Priyanka Chopra to come to India for 10-day break
- I enjoy taking decisions as producer: Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra wants to inspire future actresses to take risks
“But I can’t do all of them unfortunately. So by January, I can decide which ones I will do, it’s a very heartbreaking decision.”
Priyanka will next be seen as a police officer in “Jai Gangaajal”.