She’s played glamorous roles and a girl-next-door in several of her past films. But Priyanka Chopra, who will be seen playing boxing champion M.C. Mary Kom in a biopic, says essaying an athlete in a film was almost unthinkable for her.
“Mary Kom” has thus, taught her a valuable lesson. “I never thought I will play an athlete or I can become an athlete. I didn’t know anything about sports. Besides, who would have thought that a girl can develop muscles and biceps, but that happened with me,” 32-year-old Priyanka said on Tuesday in an interview.
“I learnt that if you are adamant to achieve something, anything can happen and you can do anything. This was a very inspiring thing for me,” added the National Award winning.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Mary Kom” marks the directorial debut of Omung Kumar and it hits theatres Sep 5.