Actress Priyanka Chopra has been nominated by many to take up the ALS ice bucket challenge, but she doesn’t seem to be interested.
The challenge involves dumping buckets of ice water over one’s head to spread awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig’s disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.
But Priyanka is not joining the league.
“Thank u for all the nominations but… RT @shrishtiarya: Newsreader Beautifully Shuts Down Ice Bucket Challenge pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/newsreader-beautifully-shuts-down-ice-bucket-chall/600a2c06-7dec-4f27-a74a-1ab99a534c75.htm …… (sic),” the ‘Don’ star tweeted Sunday.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The link shared by her shows an Australian newsreader Lincoln Humphries, who firmly shuts the idea down. Humphries acknowledged the good that the ice bucket challenge has done, then suggested some other things that can be done to make a difference, including spreading the love around to other deserving causes like cancer and fresh water charities, and not wasting so much ice.
“@PulkitSamrat already made a donation!! Not dumping water :-( waste of resources!”, she had tweeted.
Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson has also refused as she said she can’t support an organisation that does testing on animals.