Actress Priyanka Chopra has been nominated by many to take up the ALS ice bucket challenge, but she doesn’t seem to be interested.
The challenge involves dumping buckets of ice water over one’s head to spread awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig’s disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.
Apart from Hollywood stars like Tom Cruise, Robert Pattinson and Nicole Kidman accepting it, Bollywood stars like Akshay Kumar, Bipasha Basu and Abhishek Bachchan also took up the challenge.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
But Priyanka is not joining the league.
“Thank u for all the nominations but… RT @shrishtiarya: Newsreader Beautifully Shuts Down Ice Bucket Challenge pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/newsreader-beautifully-shuts-down-ice-bucket-chall/600a2c06-7dec-4f27-a74a-1ab99a534c75.htm …… (sic),” the ‘Don’ star tweeted Sunday.
The link shared by her shows an Australian newsreader Lincoln Humphries, who firmly shuts the idea down. Humphries acknowledged the good that the ice bucket challenge has done, then suggested some other things that can be done to make a difference, including spreading the love around to other deserving causes like cancer and fresh water charities, and not wasting so much ice.
Earlier, Sonam Kapoor had refused to take up the challenge after being nominated by “Fukrey” fame Pulkit Samrat.
“@PulkitSamrat already made a donation!! Not dumping water :-( waste of resources!”, she had tweeted.
Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson has also refused as she said she can’t support an organisation that does testing on animals.