Actor Priyanka Chopra’s maiden Marathi production Ventilator will be screened at the upcoming Jio MAMI Mumbai International Film Festival. Ventilator is written and directed by Ferrari ki Sawari helmer Rajesh Mapuskar. The film revolves around an ailing senior member of a family, who is being put on the ventilator just a few days before the popular Ganpati festival, leading to varied degrees of speculation and panic amongst the large coastal clan he belongs to.
Speaking about the film’s premiere at the 18th Mumbai Film Fest, Mapuskar said in a statement, “I am glad that MAMI has provided this new platform for Marathi cinema and they are hosting the world premiere of Ventilator. I am excited.” The film will be screened under the section Marathi Talkies. This segment has been launched to celebrate the Marathi cinema.
“In the recent years, Marathi cinema has seen a boom in viewership in India, thanks to the makeover the industry underwent in 2010. We have seen some unconventional and splendid films taking over the world cinema stage and winning hearts across countries, breaking the language barrier. Film festivals like MAMI have also proven beneficial to the industry as they provide a platform for progressive Marathi cinema to showcase itself,” said Marathi Talkies curator Amol Parchure.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Other films to be showcased this year at Marathi Talkies are Vakratunda Mahakaya, Bioscope and Rajwade & Sons. Jio MAMI with Star, Festival Director, Anupama Chopra said, “Marathi cinema has always been an integral part of MAMI. With Marathi Talkies, we are creating a special showcase for great Marathi cinema. We hope that this will help to serve both the Marathi film industry and viewers.”