No, she is not. Actually, Priyanka Chopra has joined professional networking website LinkedIn as a LinkedIn Influencer. Priyanka shared the news on her Twitter account on Monday and posted the link to her profile on the portal. “Excited to be a LinkedIn Influencer…a new platform, a new audience, a new perspective,” she posted. A video interview of Priyanka with an official of LinkedIn India was played at LinkedIn’s Mumbai office on Monday.
“I’ve always had a penchant for business but am only just beginning to give wings to my entrepreneurial ambitions. It’s a whole new experience. So, what better way than to connect with this vibrant community on LinkedIn to share and exchange thoughts and ideas,” Priyanka said.
As a LinkedIn Influencer, Priyanka will join a select group of influencers that includes Prime Minister Narendra Modi and eminent leaders such as Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (Chairman and MD, Biocon), Alan Joyce (CEO, Qantas), Indra Nooyi (Chairman and CEO, Pepsico), Ban Ki-moon (Secretary-General, United Nations), Piyush Gupta (Group CEO, DBS Bank), Tony Fernandes (Group CEO, Air Asia) and Oprah Winfrey (Chairman and CEO, Oprah Winfrey Network).
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We are excited that Priyanka Chopra is going to share her unique perspectives with millions of professionals on LinkedIn, in India and worldwide. There’s so much we can learn from, and be inspired by her success, as she continues to chart new highs,” said Akshay Kothari, Country Manager, LinkedIn India.
“Ms Chopra’s debut on LinkedIn as an influencer also underscores how far we have come as the platform for professional conversations and content, and our desire to invest to become even more relevant to audiences in India and globally,” he added. Priyanka’s profile on the website has a display image of herself. Her introduction reads: “Actor, entrepreneur, philanthropist…dreamer, do-er, achiever”
The actress has also posted her first article on the website with the heading: “Follow your instincts, believe in your uniqueness and never be afraid to leap into the unknown.” The article has her thoughts penned where she has pondered over the “past 16 years of my professional life”. One of the lines in her article reads: “We all make plans for our lives but most often are too scared or embarrassed about our ambitions to go after it wholeheartedly. And that’s where it all falls apart.”
— PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) November 7, 2016
She has traced the lessons she learnt over time starting from the turning point of her life when she was crowned Miss World in 2000.
After cementing her space in Bollywood with films like “Barfi!”, “Fashion” and “Mary Kom”, Priyanka launched international singles — “In my city” and “Exotic”. She followed them up by bagging the lead role as Alex Parrish in “Quantico”, which launched in 2015.
She also has a role in the big screen version of the widely watched TV show Baywatch. Priyanka is being lauded by many, including filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra, for producing the Marathi film “Ventilator”.