Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali compared actress Priyanka Chopra to Hollywood actress Hilary Swank, who portrayed the character of a boxer in her Oscar award-winning film ‘Million Dollar Baby’.
Priyanka will be seen playing Olympic medal-winning boxer Mary Kom in a biopic produced by Bhansali.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“If they (Hollywood) have Hilary Swank, we have Priyanka. She is a great talent and adds spark to her performance. As an actress I think she is in the league of Nutanji and Waheedaji,” Bhansali told reporters here at the trailer launch of ‘Mary Kom’ today.
Swank won the best actress Oscar for her portrayal of Margaret ‘Maggie’ Fitzgerald, a waitress who aspires to become a boxing champion.
Bhansali’s film is inspired by Kom’s struggle and has been directed by Omung Kumar.
The director producer said he did not take much time to say yes for the project.
“Omung told me about making film on Mary Kom around two years back, and I immediately said yes. There was no lengthy meetings or discussions,” he said.