Actress-singer Priyanka Chopra is proud to see women fronting content-driven cinema in Bollywood.
Priyanka Chopra, 32, who today watched Anushka Sharma’s “NH10” and expressed her desire to see “Piku” and “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” in the coming days, says she was called silly for doing “Fashion” but things have changed a lot since then.
“So good to see such amazing content driven films led by girls! It was so hard to get people to believe in us when I started. We were always 2nd.
- Priyanka Chopra birthday: Alia Bhatt, Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasha Basu wish desi girl
- I feel proud of Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone: Anushka Sharma
- I have ambitions, and work hard to achieve them: Priyanka Chopra
- Priyanka Chopra becomes Asia's third most followed woman on Twitter
- Priyanka Chopra: I am fortunate that roles are being written for me
- Priyanka Chopra becomes the first Indian 'Guess' girl,works with Bryan Adams
“I was called silly for doing Fashion. As if it would harm my career! Hah!Look at us now! This movement will soon be a revolution! #ProudFemale,” tweeted Priyanka, who won National-award for “Fashion”.
Heaping praise on Anushka, Priyanka said she is proud of her.
“Der aaye durust aaye. Just saw NH10 @AnushkaSharma! So proud of you… As a woman, an actor and a producer. Keep the flag flying high babe #GirlPower.”
The former Miss World will be next seen in “Dil Dhadakne Do” and “Gangaajal 2”.