Actress-singer Priyanka Chopra is proud to see women fronting content-driven cinema in Bollywood.
Priyanka Chopra, 32, who today watched Anushka Sharma’s “NH10” and expressed her desire to see “Piku” and “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” in the coming days, says she was called silly for doing “Fashion” but things have changed a lot since then.
“So good to see such amazing content driven films led by girls! It was so hard to get people to believe in us when I started. We were always 2nd.
- Priyanka Chopra joins the Time's Up movement through social media; posts picture in black
- Priyanka Chopra: I was told that girls did women-centric roles only towards the end of their careers
- Priyanka, Kangana, Rekha: The enchanting golden beauties at Virushka's Mumbai reception
- Priyanka Chopra on Padmavati release: The art Sanjay Leela Bhansali believes in should be viewed by everyone
- Anushka Sharma, Priyanka Chopra, Shahid Kapoor sum up their fashionable year in three classy outfits
- It is a fairytale for both Meghan Markle, Anushka Sharma: Priyanka Chopra
“I was called silly for doing Fashion. As if it would harm my career! Hah!Look at us now! This movement will soon be a revolution! #ProudFemale,” tweeted Priyanka, who won National-award for “Fashion”.
Heaping praise on Anushka, Priyanka said she is proud of her.
“Der aaye durust aaye. Just saw NH10 @AnushkaSharma! So proud of you… As a woman, an actor and a producer. Keep the flag flying high babe #GirlPower.”
The former Miss World will be next seen in “Dil Dhadakne Do” and “Gangaajal 2”.