Actress-singer Priyanka Chopra is proud to see women fronting content-driven cinema in Bollywood.
Priyanka Chopra, 32, who today watched Anushka Sharma’s “NH10” and expressed her desire to see “Piku” and “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” in the coming days, says she was called silly for doing “Fashion” but things have changed a lot since then.
“So good to see such amazing content driven films led by girls! It was so hard to get people to believe in us when I started. We were always 2nd.
- Kangana Ranaut to turn producer. All the other actresses who recently began making films
- Priyanka Chopra dazzles in an elegant white Christian Siriano gown at the UN General Assembly
- Priyanka Chopra, edgy or chic: Which look do you like better?
- Priyanka Chopra's Pahuna receives standing ovation at Toronto International Film Festival
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: Here is why she is the true Miss World who took the globe by storm
- Priyanka Chopra then and now: How Priyanka has changed over the years
“I was called silly for doing Fashion. As if it would harm my career! Hah!Look at us now! This movement will soon be a revolution! #ProudFemale,” tweeted Priyanka, who won National-award for “Fashion”.
Heaping praise on Anushka, Priyanka said she is proud of her.
“Der aaye durust aaye. Just saw NH10 @AnushkaSharma! So proud of you… As a woman, an actor and a producer. Keep the flag flying high babe #GirlPower.”
The former Miss World will be next seen in “Dil Dhadakne Do” and “Gangaajal 2”.