Priyanka Chopra’s upcoming Punjabi film, Sarvann, which was earlier scheduled to hit screens on December 9, has now been pushed to January 13 following the demonetisation of high currency notes. Due to the economic challenges faced by cine-goers, the makers had a joint meeting recently after which they unanimously decided to shift the release date of the movie by a month, also to coincide with Lohri, which is a very auspicious day.
“Considering the short term economic challenges faced by the people, we decided to shift the release date of the movie on the auspicious day of Lohri on 13th January,” Madhu Chopra, Priyanka’s mother said in a statement here. Produced by Priyanka’s production house Purple Pebble Pictures, Dr Madhu Chopra, Deepshikha Deshmukh (Pooja Films), co-produced by Siddharth Chopra and directed by Karan Guliani, Sarvann” is a heart-warming narrative of a young NRI returning to India to find his roots.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
“The subject has got a universal appeal and caters to a large section of the potential audience who likes family entertainers with a strong message,” Madhu said. On work front, Priyanka is busy with the second season of the American sitcom, Quantico. Alongside, the actor is also prepping up for her Hollywood debut, Baywatch.